The ICT Expo is organised by several industry stakeholders (ITAG, YEP TECH, UNDP Accelerator, the Gambia Tech Project, Disruptive Lab, Jokkolabs Banjul, and the Gambia Angel Investors Network (GAIN)) and is aimed at providing ICT experts and entrepreneurs a platform to market and promote their products and services, network and interact with potential investors for their businesses. It will also provide opportunities for the public and private sector and donor agencies to develop business opportunities to match their requirements to local service providers.
The YEP Tech, the Gambia Tech Project, and GAIN Gambia are glad to announce a pitching competition as part of this year’s Expo. The competition targets advanced digital start-ups.
- The start-up must rely on digital means to deliver their business solution and this must be reflected in their business model explicitly.
- The start-up must be a legal business and should have started generating revenue.
- The format of the Pitch-Deck: Maximum – 12 slides. See sample guidelines using the link: Guide to Pitch Decks: 10 Elements to Include in a Pitch Deck – 2022 – MasterClass
- Send a PDF version of the presentation on or before, 20th August 2022. This deck would be used for shortlisting only.
- All Pitch-Decks must be sent to Boubacar D. Coly and Muhammed Alieu Barry using the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org , respectively.
- The top 5 start-ups will be shortlisted from the applications and would participate in the pitching contest.
- Only the shortlisted candidates would be contacted for further instructions.
- On the day of the Expo; each of the shortlisted start-ups will pitch for 5 minutes.
- The 3 judges would ask some follow-up questions – maximum 5 minutes each.
- The pitching date shall be 1st September 2022 – Within the ICT Expo venue in Paradise Suits Hotel – time will be communicated later.
- The Judges will announce the top 3 winners on the day of the Expo.
- All the top 3 winners will automatically qualify to have GAIN help refine their Pitch Decks and pitching skills.
- All the top 3 winners will also be given the chance to attend and pitch to actual investors at the GAIN Investment Day in October 2022.
- All the top 3 winners will be featured exclusively on the ITAG monthly Newsletter.
- Opportunity to network with high-level personalities both at the ICT Expo and the Investment Day Event.
- Opportunity to attend an international event called “Emerging Valley”, in Marseille, France from 28 to 29 November (Accueil – Emerging Valley) with a delegation of Gambian entrepreneurs led by the Gambia Tech Project.
- Gets a business coaching and training package by the Gambia Tech Project with mentors from the Diaspora
- Joins the Gambian Tech Project incubation program.
Feel free to contact Mr. Muhammed Alieu Barry (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Best from the organizing team.